Cilantro is a very effective herb for detoxifying heavy metals from the body. The chemical compounds in cilantro bind to toxic metals and loosen them from the tissue. Many people who are suffering from mercury poisoning notice a reduction in disorientation after consuming large and regular amounts of cilantro for over an extended period of time. Other benefits of cilantro include:
* May help to prevent cardiovascular damage
* Strong antioxidant activity
* Anti-anxiety effects
* Improves sleep quality
* Blood sugar lowering effects
* Antibacterial and antifungal
* May also help improve digestive system function
* Good source of dietary fiber, iron, magnesium; rich source of flavonoids and phytonutrients.
* Helps to promote healthy liver function. Lowers the LDL (‘bad cholesterol’) and supports the HDL (‘good cholesterol’)
Cilantro is one of the easiest herbs to grow from seed if you have a sunny spot for it. It likes to be harvested regularly, as do many herbs (lemon balm, mints, parsley, basil). These herbs all benefit from being snipped often, which encourages bushy full growth. The hot summer days in July & August cause the plants to ‘bolt’ which brings them to flower quickly and they then tend towards ‘leggy’. It’s easy to sew the seeds every few weeks. The seeds? Coriander seeds grow Cilantro; same plant after all!!
Cilantro Essential Oil
- Aids digestion*
- Powerful cleanser and detoxifier*
- Gives food a fresh and tasty flavor
Fresh, herbal, sweet, pungent
Aldehydes (40-50%), Alcohols (up to 40%), Phenols, Ketones
Can be applied neat (without dilution) when used topically. Apply to reflex points and directly on area of concern.
May cause irritation on sensitive or damage skin.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.