Vickie’s Homemade Medicinal Chicken Soup
This soup is made with loving intention of helping the body heal when someone you love is sick. It is important while cooking to be in a loving space mentally. It does make a difference! I always add love to all my recipes. Enjoy!
Author: Vickie Beineke
Recipe type: Soup
- 4-5 lbs. Fresh, Organic Whole Broiler Chicken
- 7 cups of water (or enough water to cover chicken)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 medium to large carrots
- 4 cups of kale
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 Tbs. of fresh, minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. of fresh, minced ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ⅛ tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. curry
- Add 7 cups of water to a large pot (or enough to cover chicken). (I used 9.4 Kangen Water.)
- Add whole chicken with bones and organs.
- Bring to a boil for 10 minutes then reduce heat to low-to-medium and slow cook chicken for 2 hours.
- While chicken is cooking, gather the rest of your ingredients. Measure out spices and put in a small bowl.
- Wash all vegetables. (I used 11.5 Kangen Water: Allow vegetables to sit in water for 3-5 mins to remove pesticides and herbicides. Drain water into a clear measuring cup and you’ll see it!)
- After the chicken has cooked for one hour and forty-five minutes, chop the vegetables, ginger, and garlic. Also remove the organs and discard at this time.
- After the chicken has slow cooked (light boil, not rolling boil) for two hours, remove chicken and place on plater or large plate. Let cool for 10 mins., then remove meat from bones. Discard bones and skin.
- Tear chicken into bite-size pices and put back into water, which is now chicken stock.
- Add the spices, onions, garlic, ginger, and carrots. Let cook for 15 minutes, then add kale and broccoli and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! From my heart, hands and kitchen to yours. With much love, Vickie